24 November 2012

NaNoWriMo FINSIHED! The Twilight of the Idols begins.

Do not let the celebratory title fool you, for my NaNoWriMo is far from over. In the eyes of the NaNoWriMo community (or whatever its ruling body is called), I am a winner, for I have surpassed the coveted 50,000 mark.

Not so fast boyo...

I actually did it three days ago, and gave myself a well-deserved rest. I've carried on writing and am standing on 55,000 words now... still less than a third of what I imagine the story will leave me with. I really want to finish this and am struggling on despite my inner editor resurfacing telling me that its shit, that there's no plot,. and that the characters (well, character... everyone else is an NPC) are not developed. All pertinent points... that I shall disregard to the best of my abilities!

Here's hoping i can finish and share Slaven's origin story with the rest of you...

I've also started submitting some short stories again, though I won't have an answer on any of them for around 3 - 7 months, in the case of some of them (though I can reliably guess what the responses will be...). the worst thing about submitting is the 'no simultaneous submissions' law, which prevents one from submitting the same piece of fiction to 2 different publications simultaneously (hence the name), on top of which is another law stating that one shall not submit multiple stories to the same publisher simultaneously (beginning to sound like the old testament here). As the response time is quite long for some of them, this make the process somewhat tedious... I'll keep you posted.



2 comments:

  1. Congrats on hitting the mark and then some. Remember that NaNoWriMo isn't about churning out a polished, ready-to-print novel, but just get the words down. And since you have surpassed that goal with a week to spare, KEEP GOING! Write, write, and write some more. I'll gladly read anything you'd like to send. Email me the attachments. I'd love to see where it's going. Best of luck with the submissions. I hope you get many yeses in short order so you can go on and be famous...well, published anyway. I think you can't be a famous author until you're dead :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, that last point does bug me a bit, but I don't really mind :)

    ReplyDelete